The Stories of Strangeness Podcast
Delving headlong into the world of the weird, Listen in as Zoe and Mike regale you with tales of Hauntings, Cryptids, Aliens, Conspiracies, Myths, Folklore and more!
Zoe and Mike are here to bring you tales of things that:
- Go bump in the night
- Descend from the heavens for who knows what purpose
- Bring portents, or tidings from another time and/or place
- Collude secretly in the shadows
- Act weirdly
Every two weeks, one of our hosts will pick a topic and deliver a prepared piece to the other, and then discuss it. And you get to ride along! You lucky duck.
Season 1: Episode 19 | 58 min
Episode 35 – John Titor
In this episode, Mike tells us about the strange story of John Titor, who spent four months on internet message boards back in 2000 telling people he was a time travelling soldier on a mission from 2036, trying to recover an old computer to save the world in his timeline, and then disappeared forever.
We also talk about dissertations, gorillas that speak sign language, and expensive books.
Here’s a rundown of the episode:
00:28 – Hello!
00:42 – Presented Piece: John Titor
12:45 – Discussion
55:36 – Thanks & Where You Can Find Us
58:38 – Bye!
Total Runtime: 59:14
No promo this episode.
We’re looking for new promo partners!
Got a podcast? Think your listeners would like our show? Think our listeners might like yours?
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in doing a promo swap.
We’re also on Audrey.io – https://app.audry.io/publisher/discover/1515122258
- Website – Sign up for email alerts, view the gallery, and other cool stuff.
- Instagram – Where we hang out the most.
- Facebook – We have a page and a group – come talk to us!
- Twitter – Mike sends all our tweets – blame him!
- Our Redbubble page, where you can find all of our designs and illustrations on loads of products.
- Our Patreon page, if you’d like to support the show. We’re starting with 2 tiers: £1 a month, to support the show, which is about $1.37, where we will thank you personally on the show – and £3 a month, which is about $4.10, that will enable you to listen to minisodes, outtakes, timelapse art videos and other bonus content.
Thanks! See you next time – Mike and Zoe.
New Episodes Bi-Weekly
Live Every Other Monday @ 9am
Stay Connected to Get The Latest Podcast Alerts
Meet The Hosts
Zoe and Mike have been married for over 10 years. They live in East Anglia in the UK, near where Zoe grew up. They met in Bristol and Mike thinks they got engaged on a whim during an outing to the pub with friends, but Zoe assures him that they’d already decided to get engaged previously. They have a cat and a daughter.
Mike previously co-hosted and produced a Star Wars podcast called The Garbage Will Do, named after a line by Rey in The Force Awakens, and a one-man Dungeons & Dragons podcast called I Cast Pod!
Zoe took over hosting duties on The Garbage Will Do from a leaving member, but shortly after it ceased to be, due to scheduling difficulties. This is her first real foray into podcasting and she’s rather excited.
Get In Touch
We’d love to hear your feedback and your stories of weird encounters, ghostly goings-on or extraterrestrial events!
Listen & Subscribe Now!
Choose your preferred player or listen on the web!