The Stories of Strangeness Podcast
Delving headlong into the world of the weird, Listen in as Zoe and Mike regale you with tales of Hauntings, Cryptids, Aliens, Conspiracies, Myths, Folklore and more!
Zoe and Mike are hear to bring you tales of things that:
- Go bump in the night
- Descend from the heavens for who knows what purpose
- Bring portents, or tidings from another time and/or place
- Collude secretly in the shadows
- Act weirdly
Every two weeks, one of our hosts will pick a topic and deliver a prepared piece to the other, and then discuss it. And you get to ride along! You lucky duck.
Season 1: Episode 19 | 58 min
In this episode, Zoe tells us about werewolves – The folklore surrounding them as well as several cases of werewolves from history. We also talk about deer going shopping, desensitisation, grandparents who don’t believe in the moon landing – and more!
Here’s a rundown of the episode:
00:37 – Go potatoes!
01:16 – Presented Piece: Werewolves
10:58 – Promo: The Night’s End Podcast
11:44 – Discussion
12:27 – All’s Fair In Love and War and War and War
16:19 – Teen Wolf & Desensitisation
19:58 – Moon Madness
23:46 – Apex Predators, Ecosystems & Shopping Deer
27:32 – Thanks and Where You Can Find Us
31:59 – Fun Fact
Total Runtime: 33:13
Our promo partner this week is The Night’s End podcast. Mike has done some voiceover for them in the episodes “The Interview” and “The Worm-Stained Giver”. You can find out more about the show here:
https://www.werewolves.com/werewolf-timeline/ – Werewolves.com with a timeline
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf – Wikipedia on werewolves
https://www.history.com/topics/folklore/history-of-the-werewolf-legend – History.com on werewolves
https://www.cnet.com/news/wolves-among-us-five-real-life-werewolves-from-history/ – CNET.com with tales (tails?) of real werewolves from history.
- Website – Check the blog for a full transcript of today’s episode.
- Our Redbubble page, where you can find all of our designs and illustrations on loads of products.
- Our Patreon page, if you’d like to support the show. We’re starting with 2 tiers: $1 a month, which is about £0.84p, where we will thank you personally on the show, and $4 a month, which is about £3.75, that will enable you to listen to exclusive minisodes about topics more personal to us, like our own experiences and places we’ve been, to stuff that’s happened in our little corner of the world; outtakes, including flubs and extra rambles that got cut for time; and other bonus content, such as time-lapse videos of us drawing illustrations for each episode. It’s less than a beer & a snack per month, but can help us keep the show running. We’ll even give you a shout out on the show for being awesome! Thanks!
New Episodes Bi-Weekly
Live Every Other Monday @ 9am
Stay Connected to Get The Latest Podcast Alerts
Meet The Hosts
Zoe and Mike have been married for over 10 years. They live in East Anglia in the UK, near where Zoe grew up. They met in Bristol and Mike thinks they got engaged on a whim during an outing to the pub with friends, but Zoe assures him that they’d already decided to get engaged previously. They have a cat and a daughter.
Mike previously co-hosted and produced a Star Wars podcast called The Garbage Will Do, named after a line by Rey in The Force Awakens.
He currently runs a one-man Dungeons & Dragons podcast called I Cast Pod!
Zoe took over hosting duties on The Garbage Will Do from a leaving member, but shortly after it ceased to be due to scheduling difficulties. This is her first real foray into podcasting and she’s rather excited.
Get In Touch
We’d love to hear your feedback and your stories of weird encounters, ghostly goings-on or extraterrestrial events!
Listen & Subscribe Now!
Choose your preferred player or listen on the web!